Our recommended routines for a healthier smile.
Why is gum care so important?
Periodontals (your gums) support your teeth – they are the backbone to a healthy smile! When they become diseased or infected your teeth and gums can begin to decay.
How gum disease can occur:
Bacterial plaque can easily build up at your gum line, on your teeth, and in between teeth.
The build up can decay teeth, cause discoloration, create sensitive teeth, and more.
Other life factors that can effect your overall gum health:
- Smoking: the tobacco and nicotine weakens the natural strength in your gums.
- Diabetes: High glucose levels can cause more plaque buildup.
- Stress : High levels of stress effects your immune system, which hinders your body from fighting infections in your mouth.
- Clenching and grinding teeth: Constant pressure on your jaw, gums, and teeth can cause them break down faster than normal.
- Medication: Some medications can have negative effects on your gum health – talk to us for more information.
- Poor nutrition: An unbalanced diet effects more than just your body – it directly effects your oral health.
How to prevent gum disease
- Brushing and flossing every morning after breakfast and every evening before bed.
- Fluoride toothpastes and mouth rinses, if used alongside brushing and flossing, can greatly help reduce risk of disease.
Follow our recommendations of at-home oral care to help prevent gum disease.
Learn more about how we help treat gum disease
A strong antibiotic that kills the bacteria of periodontal disease.
Gum Laser Therapy
A more comfortable way to regenerate your gums & remove diseases.
Take a step towards a lifetime of great oral health.
Come as you are!
Simply fill out the form and Karla will reach out to you to schedule an appointment within 24 hours.